Who We Are
As a team we have a wide range of experience and expertise in working with looked after and adopted children and their families.
- We have had extensive training in attachment and trauma and this underpins all our work. We have had further training in various therapeutic models including:
- Play Therapy
- Sensory Integration
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
- We work in a range of different settings including Local Authority social work teams, residential schools and children’s homes as well as for voluntary agencies and as independent practitioners.
- We work with children and young people directly to give the opportunity to explore their experiences, express their feelings about these and help them with the issues they are struggling with. We involve parents and carers in this work so they are able to support their child from an attachment perspective.
- We have developed a model of support which integrates all the training we have done and the experience we have accumulated to offer families a positive experience of support -which helps everyone to feel better, learn the best ways to support each other and to create a more secure and positive family life.
- As a team we believe that all families, however they are shaped, deserve the best support possible to enable them to thrive and live well – everyone is an individual who deserves respect and to have their voice heard, to be accepted and not judged.
We are registered with the relevant professional bodies – BAPT and HCPC.
Julia Davis is a registered supervisor for play therapists with BAPT and Play Therapy UK.