We offer a range of services including :–
- Assessment of Therapeutic needs.
- Therapeutic support for children and young people.
- Support and consultation to their carers and adoptive parents.
- Support and training for their extended family and support network.
- Consultation for professionals working in adoption and fostering.
- Training for parents, carers and professionals.
- Supervision for play therapists.
We work with children and their parents and carers as families – as well as with their support network. This may include their extended family, the school and other agencies that are involved.
We use a range of models including Theraplay®, Play Therapy, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy and Therapeutic Life-story Work depending on the needs of the family.
We offer training on various issues including
- Moving children to new families
- Using Play to build positive relationships.
- Life-story work.
- Therapeutic parenting.
- Attachment and Trauma and other issues in adoption and fostering.
We also run work-shops for adopters and carers on themes such as sleep and play,talking with children about adoption and supporting them in school.
Fees : These can be discussed when initial contact is made and full written details are available on request.
Confidentiality : Our service is confidential – any limits to this will be shared with the family when work begins